Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1917 LF and C knife

specster

Sorry Specster

No pics no video.

Not sure if you might 10 posts to be able to post pics?

If you try again twice you might be able to post them on the 11th!

My files sizes are 2 big for this website. I know I am new here but these file size alotments r way 2 small. this has not happened on other major web sites, WW1 deserves better......

2 big by simple smart phone and decent camera.....

Dear Specster

I am new, having just joined a couple days ago. This forum is much more difficult for "Me" to use than any others, over many years. I found a windows program that opens pictures in my gallery. It is called Windows Live Photo Gallery. I used it to select a picture, then Right click and scroll down to the word "RESIZE". I then was looking at two of the same images. I deleted the larger file sized picture. Oddly, sometimes the resized picture appeared in the main folder that I selected it from. Other times I had to copy/paste it there. I did not suffer image quality loss. The RESIZED picture that was 1.5 megs was not 195Kb's.

I then spent more hours making my first post shown as P14, I am new and struggeling with pictures. I had never read any other rules and then I was halted by a sentence saying I have exceeded my limit. I could not post, however, a fine gentleman named Chris, gave me his email, I gave him some pictures and he placed them on my post for me.

I just tried to post here in your post a picture of a Bayonet such as you are discussing and I received another message saying I could not post, my limit ( What Limit..? ) had been exceeded. I tried to write to the GWF Team but my mail was rejected as spam. And they ask for donations..?

I'm a happy go lucky kind of guy but thus far I have had more grief on this website, than joy. The man at 303british.com gave me good answers. I may need to go elsewhere, other than this site. I do not know, as I write this, if it also shall be rejected.

Jagerdad :-)

Hi Gents, I'm also pretty new here and struggled a little but what I found worked was using 'Paint'. Assuming you have windows you should have this program.

Go in to paint and open the file you are wishing to resize. Go to 'Resize' at the top. I changed the percentage from 100% down to 50% to start with. Save the file and you can then check the size in properties or should tell you at the bottom of the screen. Obviously you know you are aiming for 250kb or less. If still not small enough repeat the process.

Hopefully this will help

Good luck

Steve