Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MIC look up please royal scottish fusiliers

chaz

cant access MIC's through FMP membership so need a bit of help regarding Pte Alexander Sinclair 18297 Royal Scotts Fusiliers.

I have recently purchased his medals and plaque from Australia but have now found them also advertised on a dealer web site here in England.

I need to know if he had replacements issued, they actually look same on both places but dealer says they are still for sale here!!

to clarify I was supplied with 6MIC's by the seller but they are on the small side and ot too clear. so hopefully not breaching any rules.

also if anyone has any more info apart from SDGW and CWGC records I would like to know as that all thats on FMP. thanks

There is nothing on his MIC or on the medal rolls to suggest re-issue. I can't post images as that would be contrary to GWF rules.

You can probably view them for yourself at your local studies library which will almost certainly have access to Ancestry.

Keith

MIC shows Victory , British War medals & 1915 Star. KIA 21 Apr 1917 . Entered theatre - France 12 Jul 1915.

1st Royal Scots Fusiliers . No mention of duplicates being issued.

Medal roll shows also served 6/7 Royal Scots

Hi Chaz

"to clarify I was supplied with 6MIC's by the seller but they are on the small side and ot too clear. so hopefully not breaching any rules"

No you are ok, but do you realise that the 6 MIC are not for the 1 person, they are for 6 different people. National Archives (where they came from) does I that way.

Ancestry has them individually and as usual has mis-transcribed it having - Regiment or Corps: 1/R Ir C Fus

No mention of duplicate issue. The medal rolls do give a bit more detail, but no mention of another issue. Previous Units: 1-R. Sc. Fus. 18297 Pte., 6/7 Sc. Fus.

regards

Robert

Chaz,

The MICs are free-to-view on Ancestry.co.uk, at the moment. In fact they have been for a while, but I don't know for how much longer.

You need to register with them, but no money passes hands. I use my old account details from when I had a subscription.

Phil

thanks all for your input. will log back in to ancestry then, we have a debate elsewhere regarding as to authenticity or one and the same.

logged back in and have to pay