Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lebel rifle - bit of a stunner

RangeRover

I've long wanted an Mle 1886/93 Lebel. I think. It took a while, but I managed a while back to find one that, like so many available, had been around the world a couple of times since being manufactured. I was very happy to have a Lebel in any condition, and then this one crossed my path.

I've no idea how it managed to escape all the work done to most of the others of its type. It's used, but not used up, though there are only sad remains of a sling. Hope you'll indulge me a few photos. The biggest challenge is going to be feeding it. As for the earlier one, it has now moved on to a new owner who is also happy to have an example of this iconic rifle in hand.

IMG_6649.jpg

IMG_6648.jpg

IMG_6643.jpg

IMG_6650.jpg

An excellent example - well done. Is it set up for Balle "N" ammunition or is it original?

I am on a similar search for a 3 round format (07-15) Berthier!

Chris

I've long wanted an Mle 1886/93 Lebel.

Although I collect British rifles, I know nothing about the Lebel rifle, however, I do know a nice rifle when I see one, and your Lebel rifle looks to be in excellent condition.

Congratulations on owning such a nice rifle.

Regards,

LF

Consider yourself indulged :thumbsup:. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Sean.

Is it set up for Balle "N" ammunition or is it original?

I am on a similar search for a 3 round format (07-15) Berthier!

The rifle didn't go through the work for Balle N (no "N" marking on the receiver) so remains set up for Balle D.

Good luck in your search for the Berthier. While Lebel rifles seem to be shooting up in price, the Berthier's remain available at what I would describe as bargain prices, at least here. I find the long rifles, in three-round configuration, quite attractive.