Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

MBrockway

2014 Varsity Rugby Match - commemoration of 55 Fallen Blues

stiletto_33853

Such a shame that after all the work putting this together with all their pictures that on one of the upgrades!!! they all went missing.

Andy

MBrockway

It's because I stored them in My Gallery rather than in the post 'in-line'.  That approach back then meant you could avoid the file-size limits, but when it was decided to host images in posts on a secondary server, it was not possible to automatically move images in posts that were held in everybody's My Gallery areas and anything using that approach ended up with broken links.  I raised it and discussed it with Glen at the time, but there was no easy way to switch these over as part of the transfer.

It is possible to repair this here: another thing on my 'To Do' list!

Mark

Edited by MBrockway

MBrockway
On 17/04/2017 at 00:04, MBrockway said:

Looks like lots of our OURFC team photos earlier in this thread did not survive the relocation of Members' Galleries to new servers a wee while back.

However fear not, I still have them safe and I will re-connect the missing pictures back to their original posts above as soon as I get some spare time.

I'm also rather embarrassed that I still have not got my teeth into preparing the corresponding CURFC images :blush:

Mark

After Andy's reminder, I've now re-connected all the OURFC pictures back to their rightful places, so at least the Dark Blue half of this topic is back up to strength!

Sorry to report I am no further forward on re-sizing and watermarking all the CURFC photos though.  It will get done eventually. :poppy:

Mark

Edited by MBrockway

8055Bell
Posted (edited)
On 11/19/2014 at 12:03, MBrockway said:

gallery_20192_897_28066.jpg

Two of the Oxford 1905 Blues were among the Fallen ...

Harold Augustus HODGES (Sedbergh / Trinity College, Oxford) - KiA near Ham, 24 Mar 1918 - 2/Lt, 3/Monmouths attached 11/South Lancs
Leonard PARKER (Marlborough College / Christ Church, Oxford) - KiA Peronne, 07 Jan 1917 - Major, RFC

Hi Mark,

Please may I use this pic on a project I'm working on for Lt Col E Fearenside of 17th Manchesters?

Tim

Sorry Mark,

I'm after the 1903 image

Edited by 8055Bell
Wrong Picture! Please may I use the 1903 Image?

MBrockway
2 hours ago, 8055Bell said:

Hi Mark,

Please may I use this pic on a project I'm working on for Lt Col E Fearenside of 17th Manchesters?

Tim

Sorry Mark,

I'm after the 1903 image

You have a PM about this from me Tim.

willw

FWIW, this is the picture of Leonard Parker from the Marlborough College Roll of Honour stored in the Memorial Hall.

MC_ROH_Parker_L.pdf