Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trying to trace Nathan Myers WW1 Royal Fusiliers

squattybog

I have now been able to add a photo. That he was a QuarterMaster Sergeant and did not go abroad, is all we think we know about my Grandfather b. 1897. Can anyone recognise the uniform or give me any other ideas of where I might find information about him.

I understand that millions of records were lost in a fire in London during WW2, so it is possible that non exist anymore.

Many thanks.

post-116853-0-43185000-1415278365_thumb.

Not very good on cap badges but possibly one of the various Fusilier regiments ? (not that it narrows it down too much).

Craig

Andy, good possibility given his name and religion. How do I go about finding this out though? My main stumbling block is I just don't know who to get in contact with.

Hi Squattybog.

Try the Royal Fusilier Museum at the Tower of London,they may hold information on the Jewish Battalions, ask to speak to one of the archivists.The shoulder badge looks like the traditional ceremonial candelabra of the Jewish Faith.

Good Luck

Regards Andy

Hi Again Mate.

38th - 42nd ( Labour ) Battalion. 41st - 42nd ( Reserve ) Battalion, 40th ( Service ) Battalion, 39th ( Service ) Battalion, 38th ( Service ) Battalion. These were all Jewish Royal Fusilier Battalions.Check out the Long Long Trail website for dates ect.

Once again Good Luck, Andy