Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Doctor's death date please

museumtom

Please folks, I need some confirmation on Dr Frank Healy. I reckon he lived in County Clare and also in 56 Palmerston Road, and Rathgar Road, Dublin. I reckon his wife's name was Marianne and that he died between 1892 and 1901. His wife was born in Cork and all his children were born in Dublin, Kathleen, Martha, Edward, Francis and George Healy.

They (minus the Doctor) are in the census here;-

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Rathmines/Rathgar_Road/1296937/

Basically that all I have, can you help please.

Thanking you most sincerely in advance.

Kind regards.

Tom.

England & Wales National Probate Calendar - 1899.

HEALY Francis of 80 Rathgar-road Rathgar county Dublin medical-doctor died 30 August 1899 Probate Dublin to Marianne Healy widow Sealed London 18 November Effects £2911 12s 6d in England

JP

Thank you most kindly JP that is excellent, I knew it, I just knew it was him.

I am in your debt big time.

Kindest regards.

Tom.

UK Medical Registers 1859-1959

Francis Healy

Date of Registration: 7 September 1869

Qualification: M.D. 1869, Mast. Surg. 1869, Q. Univ. Irel.

Residence:

1871: Newmarket-on-Fergus, Co. Clare

1879: 34 Rathgar road, Dublin

1887: " "

1891: 80, Rathgar road, Dublin

1895: " "

1899: " "

JP

Most kind thank you again. Great information. If you ever see a reference to a son of his Frank Foley Healy I would be most interested. You see, weighing up all the clues I reckon that Lt Edward Healy, KIA, Bedfordshires and Sgt Frank Foley Healy RFA (I have his records from FMP),are brothers. Its still in the air but I am getting there with the help of your kind help and the forum,

Thank you again.

Kind regards.

Tom

Francis Healy junior was also a doctor. He qualified in 1920 so perhaps his studies were interrupted by the war. However, his name is listed as Francis Healy, and not Francis Foley Healy, in the UK Medical Registers.

I'll get back to you tomorrow with the details.

JP

Sounds like he is not the right man so. Frank Foley Healy is not Edwards brother. One of his brothers was wounded and survived the war, my money was not Frank, maybe it was George Robert Healy. I thought I was on to a winner with Frank Foley Healy, the right age, born, in Dublin, not duplicate names of that age in either census and he had military service, I was convinced it was him.

Thank you again for all your help, if you need any Irish help I am always willing and able.

Kindest regards.

Tom,.

Francis Healy junior was also a doctor. He qualified in 1920 so perhaps his studies were interrupted by the war. However, his name is listed as Francis Healy, and not Francis Foley Healy, in the UK Medical Registers.

I'll get back to you tomorrow with the details.

JP

1911 Ireland Census - 56 Palmerston Road, Rathmines, Dublin

Marianne Healy, age 55, widow, living with daughter Kathleen, age 23, and sons Francis Healy, age 21, and George Robert, age 17 - both scholars.

There were 4 children - Martha (1901 Census) was a servant.

UK Medical Registers 1859-1959

Francis Healy

Qualification: M.B., B.Ch. 1920, U. Dublin

Residence:

1923: 56 Palmerston road, Dublin

1927: " "

Strange that there are no entries in the Medical Register after 1927. I did find a Francis Healy who died in Dalkey on 17 August 1962. Probate to The National Bank Effects £1180 8s 7d in England.

George Robert Healy born 1892 died Dublin on 20 May 1929. Probate to Kathleen McGrath (wife of Denis Joseph McGrath) Effects £980 8s. I'm assuming Kathleen McGrath was his married sister.

Marianne Healy born about 1854 died Dublin South in 1922. Unable to find a record of her marriage to Francis senior. I wanted to check to see if her maiden name was Foley.

Ireland Civil Registration Marriages Index 1845-1958

Name: Francis Foley Healy

Date of Registration: Oct-Dec 1928

District: Dublin South

Vol: 2

Page No: 426

FHL Film No: 101576

Records on Page:

Henrietta Gertrude Murray

Francis Foley-Healy

Elizabeth Flanagan

Margaret Bergin

Joseph Kearns

Luke Emmo

Francis Foley-Healy

Margaret Fox

JP

UK, Soldiers Died in the Great War -

Lt (T) Edward Healy, 6th Bn Border Regiment att. 8th Bn. KIA 7 June 1917

England & Wales National Probate Calendar -

1917: HEALY Edward of 56 Palmerston-road Rathgar Dublin second-lieutenant Border regiment died 7 June 1917 in France Probate London to George Frederick Sparrow esquire Effects £193 10s 9d in England Sealed London 20 July

1929: HEALY George Robert of 1 Seaview-street Irishtown county Dublin died 20 May 1929 at Our Lady's Hospice Harolds Cross Dublin Probate London 29 November to Kathleen McGrath (wife of Denis Joseph McGrath) Effects £980 8s

JP

Thank you JP fabulous data, and completes the search.

Kindest regards and thank you most sincerely again.

Tom.