Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Regimental marks p.08

Hanniballector

Tough! Just been through my Jeff Noll epistle, and there are no matches that I could see for MUP.

U on its own is Ulanen, or Unteroffizierschule, and I see that among the 8 Unteroffizierschule listed one is Potsdam. M can be Militar, so could it be 'Military Non-Commissioned Officer School Potsdam'?????

Cheers,

Tony

From a Google search, this in a cv:

Experience: (Projektmanagement & Marketing), FileWave (Europe) GmbH, (Marketing & PR), FileWave (USA) Inc., (Relationship and Marketing), FileWave (Europe) GmbH, (Key Account Manager), Militär Unteroffiziersschule, (Oberwachtmeister), Go! Uni-Werbung AG, (Lehrling)

Cheers,

Tony

Well, not a police marking either, as far as I can determine... I'll see if I can go any further, but if Tony hasn't found it in Noll that's unlikely to be a short-term project. One possibility is that it is a non-German marking?

I am leaning to post WW1 marking as the slash present in the marking is rather uncommon for pre 1919 use. Shame it's so rough... and a dewat...ugh.

München Polizei ?

Sadly, unlikely.

As I understand it from my sources (but I could be mistaken!) Bavaria used Pw.B for Polizeiwehr Bayern for all pistols between 1922-1930, with the Bavarian Landespolizei 1930 regulations stipulating the letter 'M' on its own for Munich. As for Prussia, the Schutzpolizei used the prefix 'S' on their pistols 1922-1932, and from 1932 an upper case 'M' on its own for Munster, and an upper case 'M' with a lower case suffix to indicate districts, and so 'Me' for Merseburg; 'Mg' for Magdeburg; and 'Mi' for Minden.