Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

TonyE

reese williams

A big hug and every good wish from me Tony.

Get well soon, 'cos we want you to give us another of your talks.

Can only reiterate what others have said - wishing you a speedy recovery.

Tony has been in hospital, but he came home yesterday and I went to see him this evening. He is very ill, but happier and more comfortable for being at home. He hasn't been able to visit the forum for several weeks, but he was very pleased when I gave him the good wishes of everyone who has contributed to this thread, and of others who know and cherish him, and he has asked me to convey his own thanks and best wishes in return.

Mick

Thank you for that update SG. Of course TonyE is held in high regard by all those who know him on this forum, and I am sure all our thoughts are with him during this time.

All the best regards from 'downunder' Mr.E ... here's to a full recovery, and I hope to see you back here 'pedanting' as soon as possible.! :thumbsup:

Cheers, S>S

• 2 weeks later...

It is with much regret that I have to report that Tony died on the 22nd September.

Tony was a really lovely man. He was a kind, generous and modest. His knowledge was vast. (The HBSA recently awarded him our Presidents Cup for his work: "British Secondary Arms of the Great War.")

Personally I shall miss him sidling up to me on Short Siberia (Bisley), taking some artefact (usually a piece of ammunition out of his pocket and saying: "Go on, what's that then? Happy days.