Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Turkish / German Artillery Piece

shippingsteel

Came across this photo which I thought may be of interest. Any ideas what it is.? Supposedly was captured in Palestine during the war.

The image is part of the Matson Collection, taken by the American Colony photographers of Jerusalem. Located in Library of Congress

Cheers, S>S

15119v.jpg

This is a German gun, dismantled and mounted on its transport carriage. There have been several threads about similar guns and their carriages in recent times, one of which is here ....http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=166532 I would start towards the end of the thread, as we discovered more about the species as time went on.

Ahh yes, I do remember seeing the start of that thread, now that you mention it ... thanks for the tip-off SG. Will need to read up some more about it.

Cheers, S>S

So with some recently acquired "expertise" in artillery ... I am guessing that it is a Krupp made 15cm Kanone 16 on its transport cart (so how'd I do.?) B)

Surely this must be quite a rare photo of the beast.? I think my friend and compatriot, member CharlieBris might just appreciate seeing these images.!!

Cheers, S>S