Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

military cemetery

pol o frithil

to all forum members that live in the kent area of england. is it quicker when going to the cemetery at le treport, going from dover and then driving down or getting a train down if there is one.or going from newhaven . the reason i am asking is that i have friends living in kent and could stay with them

You can use the aa route planner to give you a driving time & details for all uk mainland europe. This will help in your decision as you can work out all your times.

Personally I always favour Eurotunnel due to time and convenience. Secondly this time of year I would certainly not favour any sea journey from Newhaven :wacko:

Enjoy your trip whichever way you choose

Cheers

Ryan

Pol

If, as Ryan suggests, you use the tunnel, and I agree with him, then Le Treport is about a 90 minute drive. The next best route is the speed ferry from Dover to Boulogne. This reduces the driving time on the French side by a few minutes, but takes about 20 minutes longer for the crossing, and may be less comfortable, depending on the weather, and how good a sailor you are.

Both routes are faster than the Dover Calais route and infinitely preferable to Newhaven Dieppe.

Garth