Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt. Allan Leslie Code, Canadian Army Service Corps

Cuirassier

Hi,

I'm looking for information on Allan Leslie Code. He wa commissionned 2 Sept. 1915, served in the Canadian Army Service Corps. Any additional information would be gratefully appreciated.

Dick

Dick,

I looked on the LAC site and could not find his Attestation paper or his service record. Very strange. The nearest name was Francis Leslie Code.

All the best,

Gary

Gary,

Thanks for your search. You're right, it's very strange to find nothing in military records concerning Allan Leslie Code. :angry2:

Best,

Richard

Richard,

There were some Attestation Papers missed out when they digitized them. If you are certain about the name and unit, you can wait until the digitized service records are on-line later this year. The other possibility is that he only served in the militia and not the CEF. In tjis case, you would have to search the militia records. Good luck and plse keep us updated on yiur findings.

All the best,

Gary

Gary,

Thanks for your post.

We can not find any information about Allan Leslie Code in the Archives but one person told me that he is listed in a Gouvernment issued book called "Army List - Quarterly List - Corrected to July 1, 1917. He is listed in that book as Lt. Allan Leslie Code 2 Sept 1915 Military District Number 3 (Headquarter Kingston, ON). As you know, every officer in the Canadian Forces is listed in the Gouverment issued "Army List". I will check all that via the internet if it's possible.

Best,

Richard

Richard,

That would track with him being a member of the militia (either Permanent or Non-Permanent) and who did not enlist in the CEF (an entitely different organization )!

All the best,

Gary

Richard,

That would track with him being a member of the militia (either Permanent or Non-Permanent) and who did not enlist in the CEF (an entitely different organization )!

All the best,

Gary

Gary,

You're right.

Richard