Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Having trouble finding 11898 j barrett Border regiment poss Hussars

gabbygabby40

Hi folks,a friend has asked me to find out about his late G/F i have his medals star named to pte j barrett 11898 border reg his vic says same.....medal box says same....but also on box has H/4725 so possibly Hussars as i also have 20th hussars silver badge with the lot......i have his war badge number 417006,this i can find but gives name j Barrett Manchester reg service number 352403........checking him out via Manchester regiment DOES not list him as attached to any other regiments just his discharge on 21/4/18.....can anyone point me in right direction.any help appreciated ...Many thx Tony

His Medal Index card shows James Barrett Private Border Regiment 11898 and Manchester Regiment 352403.

Awarded BWM , Victory medal & 1915 Star ( returned 1743-KR-1912 8149 adv ? )

Enlisted 29 Aug 1914

He landed in France 17 Feb 1915

Silver War badge 417006 awarded 21 Jun 1918 when LCpl in Manchester regiment aged 28

What is the number on the Hussars SWB ?

Many thanks just found him.....through the snippets you have given me.....just wondering what the prefix H/4725 means? as i assumed Hussars..thx Tony

gabby.... Have I read your first post incorrectly ?

i also have 20th hussars silver badge

A silver war badge would not show a name or regiment just the number of the badge.

But if you have that number the recipient can be traced