Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Imp war Museum diaires

phil1963

Just a thought to add some grit to my book, but is it possible to turn up at the I.W.M. with a list of names for them to check to see if they have war diairies written by any of those, whose names I give them? or would I hve to have the regiment's details etc?

I think they have already produced a list which I have seen online, in the past, of the names of the diaries they hold so it would be possible to check before visiting.

As Chris indicates, both the IWM and Liddle collection can be searched on line. Having found documents, you can pre-order your first few (6?) with IWM and they'll be ready at your designated (pre-booked) seat. You can't pre-order Liddle collection but production of orders is very quick.

I think the National Army Museum also has a smaller collection of documents - not sure if their catalogue can be searched online.

• Admin

I think the National Army Museum also has a smaller collection of documents - not sure if their catalogue can be searched online.

Except that it is closed for redevelopment. I think the research function will be back in the autumn but the main building is closed for at least a year. Obviously, the Great War never started until 1.7.16 did it?