Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Arthur Samuel James Quick, Norfolk Regt

David Seymour

I am preparing the Thetford Grammar School Remembrance Service for November 2003 which will feature former pupils who died serving in the Norfolk Regiment during the First World War. I am therefore interested in ARTHUR SAMUEL JAMES QUICK, Private 43707, 8th Battalion. I have seen the CWGC website, and "Soldiers Died...". I need to acquire as much information as possible about him, both before and during his army service. I would also like to make contact with any of his relations. Thank you for any help you can give.

• 6 years later...
I am preparing the Thetford Grammar School Remembrance Service for November 2003 which will feature former pupils who died serving in the Norfolk Regiment during the First World War. I am therefore interested in ARTHUR SAMUEL JAMES QUICK, Private 43707, 8th Battalion. I have seen the CWGC website, and "Soldiers Died...". I need to acquire as much information as possible about him, both before and during his army service. I would also like to make contact with any of his relations. Thank you for any help you can give.

Hi David, My name is Barbara Harris,(nee Quick) it was while I was researching information relating to my Grandfathers Uncle Arthur Samuel Quick, that I came across your post on this site. I hope you don't mind, but i would very much like to discover more about what information you hold.

I hope to hear from you in due course.

Best regards for 2010.

Barbara

Barbara

Welcome to the Forum !

David may not see this for some time,he was last on here on Dec 9,so I will send him a PM (a personal message) to alert him to your request,something you too will be able to do when you have 10 posts to your name.

Sotonmate

Hi Barbara,

If you send me a PM (personal message) I would be very pleased to exchange information about A S J Quick.

With best wishes,

David

Hi Barbara,

If you send me a PM (personal message) I would be very pleased to exchange information about A S J Quick.

With best wishes,

David

Hi David

Thank you very much and I will as soon as I can, apparently I have to have at least 10 posts before I can access the PM section. Would it be easier if I gave you my email address?

Best Wishes

Barbara

Barbara

Welcome to the Forum !

David may not see this for some time,he was last on here on Dec 9,so I will send him a PM (a personal message) to alert him to your request,something you too will be able to do when you have 10 posts to your name.

Sotonmate

Dear Sotonmate

Thank you very much for passing on the message to David, it is much appreciated. I look forward to having the opportunity, eventually, of sending PM's myself! :)

Best Wishes

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

I didn't know about the ten posts you need to achieve to PM someone. Reply to this post to increase your post count!!!

Regards,

David

Hi David

Thank you very much for the link it was very interesting, I also found another item from the Quick family which I was unaware of.

Regards

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

We'll have you at ten posts pretty soon now!!

I have posted here a photo of mine taken at the opening of the Thiepval Education Centre in September 2004. On this occasion members of the choir of Arthur's school sang during the ceremony and viewed the exhibitions. This photo shows the "Missing of the Somme", a panel of 600 photos of some of the missing, which dominates the exhibition hall. As you will see Arthur's photo is second row fourth from left.

SUNDAYTHIEPVALEDUCATIONCENTRE010-1.jpg

Regards,

David

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David

A belated Happy New Year!

Have had a few problems with my broadband connection, so have only just seen your last post, thankyou very much.

Must be getting toward the 10 soon! :rolleyes:

Hi Barbara,

We'll have you at ten posts pretty soon now!!

I have posted here a photo of mine taken at the opening of the Thiepval Education Centre in September 2004. On this occasion members of the choir of Arthur's school sang during the ceremony and viewed the exhibitions. This photo shows the "Missing of the Somme", a panel of 600 photos of some of the missing, which dominates the exhibition hall. As you will see Arthur's photo is second row fourth from left.

SUNDAYTHIEPVALEDUCATIONCENTRE010-1.jpg

Regards,

David

You may already know this but there is a picture of Private Arthur James Quick on Picture Norfolk.

PM limit is now reduced to 5. PM away!

Steve.

• 1 month later...