Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

My One Thousandth Post

RaySearching

My One Thousandth Post

Good morning all

As this is my one thousandth post I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those (far to many to mention by name) Who have replied to my posts and an extra thank you to the forum members who have proved me with photos ect by e mail to assist me in my research

I would be the first to admit that some of my posts leave a lot to be desired

Poor punctuation and grammar and some just ill-informed rubbish I hope these post have been overlooked

Its only a short while ago that I popped in to ask for assistance with a query was warmly welcomed and I am still here

How I managed to make one thousand posts beats me

I have been educated and have gleaned an awful lot of information from the learned members of the forum about the Great War

I hope in return I have added a little bit of info to the forum

Kind regards

Ray

Congrats Ray!

Well done Ray. It's a shame such a number doesn't bring promotion but I think you'll need to get to 1,500 for that.

Well done Ray. It's a shame such a number doesn't bring promotion but I think you'll need to get to 1,500 for that.

But as a ten tonner you're a heavyweight anyway

I would be the first to admit that some of my posts leave a lot to be desired

Poor punctuation and grammar and some just ill-informed rubbish I hope these post have been overlooked

Kind regards

Ray

Oh no. I am still making my way through them with the green biro.

Congratulations, though. Large Grouse and a bag of scratchings, please. Fritz is due his nails clipping so get your gauntlets and thick underpants.ready. Another 9,000 post and you're granted access to the chocolate fountain on the 31st of any June of your choosing.

Congratulations Ray.

Well done Sir!

" I would be the first to admit that some of my posts leave a lot to be desired Poor punctuation and grammar and some just ill-informed rubbish "

You won't be alone in that :thumbsup:

Mike

Well done Ray,

I must say, your always willing to help people with their research.

G

Well done Sir!

" I would be the first to admit that some of my posts leave a lot to be desired Poor punctuation and grammar and some just ill-informed rubbish "

Mike

But an entirely unscheduled (and therefore unexpected) visit from the grammar,spelling and heretical nonsense inquisition (when they've finished doing some little jobs for Mr Gove) is one of a number of things.that could surprise you.

But an entirely unscheduled (and therefore unexpected) visit from the grammar,spelling and heretical nonsense inquisition (when they've finished doing some little jobs for Mr Gove) is one of a number of things.that could surprise you.

We all live in fear of the knock at the door, do we knot?

Mike

"Poor punctuation and grammar and some just ill-informed rubbish I hope these post have been overlooked"

Is it really important about poor punctuation and grammar as long as you get your point across? Congratulations on your 1,000th and hope there are many more to come. Thanks is also due to you for your willingness to help others on the forum.

Anne

Mike

You're in the green biro pile too.

"Poor punctuation and grammar and some just ill-informed rubbish I hope these post have been overlooked"

Is it really important about poor punctuation and grammar as long as you get your point across? Anne

So are you.

Well done, Ray. Keep up the good work!

I think you have to reach 1,750 posts before you get your brigade, but it will be there almost before you know it.

Ron

Post 7

" underpants.ready " Tsk Tsk!

2d76drb.jpg

Mike

Edit, you have corrected your mistake. Obviously there should have been a capital R after the full stop.