Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Royal Naval

Khaki

Royal Naval MkII Webley together with RN marked (N) binoculars, would liked to have put the No1 Mk3 naval & bayonet in the image but couldn't get it on the shelf, no matter rotten photo anyway, but included for your general interest. I think I will stop for now as I am getting weary as the photo shows.

khaki

Will try again tomorrow

post-29707-0-57787300-1403142820_thumb.j

Does the nickel plating on the Webley suggest a civilian piece adopted for Naval service?

This was common enough for 'optical munitions' like telescopes.

Regards,

MikB

Hello MikB,

The revolver is not nickel plated, but is 'in the white', I thought that it was nickeled when I bought it, but on closer inspection I saw that it wasn't. As it hasn't shown any sign of rust over the years that I have had it I have left it alone, maybe one day I will have it reblued.

regards

khaki

Hello MikB,

The revolver is not nickel plated, but is 'in the white', I thought that it was nickeled when I bought it, but on closer inspection I saw that it wasn't. As it hasn't shown any sign of rust over the years that I have had it I have left it alone, maybe one day I will have it reblued.

regards

khaki

Amazing. Nice quality steel, then ! :D

I'd be tempted just to keep it clean and lightly oiled in that case. Does it look as if it never was blued?

Regards,

MikB