Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

south african medical corp

douglynn

Hi guys I have a bwm medal to a south african medical corp man can this medal be researched via ancestry if not where do I have to look thanks doug

I have no idea about the best research route, but I suggest that you make the thread title more self explanatory.

To do this first go to edit post, then chose the link that will be labelled "more options" or "full edit" and you will be able to amend the title.

Keith

I have no idea about the best research route, but I suggest that you make the thread title more self explanatory.

To do this first go to edit post, then chose the link that will be labelled "more options" or "full edit" and you will be able to amend the title.

Keith

Indeed I had initially thought it related to an Italian aircraft manufacturer

x

I can see there are some very knowledgeable guys on hear and my mistake to put as an abriviation samc, I do see hear abriviation from time to time I/E BWM AND VM

Hey Doug

Not getting at you - it is just that only a limited number of such terms are widely recognised. It's just best to make thread titles as clear as possible as there is a much better chance of getting helpful replies. Just look at how many topics in "soldiers" have titles such as "Researching grandfather" whereas giving some useful clues would attract help. Those same posters generally know their grandfather's name, and sometimes his regiment. A title such as Fred Blogs, Loamshire Regiment" for example would be far more likely to get help from those members who have detailed knowledge of the "Loamshires", (we only have one), than the vaguer title. SAMC didn't mean anything to me, your amended header got you the result. Success all round.

Keith

Unless it's actually the South African Motor-Cyclist Corps!

Ron

Sorry ron I dont have that one yet (htoy) lol sorry laugh out loud , so sorry sorry sorry doug