The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Wounded records

Hello all,

I am trying to research somebody from the 1/6th Royal Warwickshire Regiment who was wounded on 11th March 1917. I have no name but I wondered if there would be any records of this wounded man.

Unlikely.

If a name is recorded anywhere, then it would be the war diary - but it's rare for diaries to include names, except for officers.

I spent an hour last night going through the Times online to locate R Warw R casualties and posted a response with an excerpt from the Times outlining casualties.

As the original poster has posted a new topic on a related subject, I'm taking the approach of some other helpful forum members and have deleted the research - these things don't appear on line without research. All we ask for is a little bit of acknowledgement.

Mark

Hello Mark,

I want to extend my thanks for all the research you have done for me. I want to apologise for the extra posts. Although I am very new to battlefield research so still trying to build up the lists of webpages and resources that I can use.

I want to assure you that I tools all your research and have it written down so it is not a waste. I think I misinterpreted your post and also started to look at the times post as I thought you have given me an example only after did I figure out.

In honesty you don't realise how appreciative I am for the information. I will

pm you to discuss further.

Thank you

Times casualty list with R Wark R casualties listed for 13 April 1917 attached. Should relate to casualties from about 1 month. If any have service records, it will help with the date they were injured and which Battalion they were with.

post-6633-0-07732700-1402679607_thumb.jp

Mark

Thank you Mark,

Will start looking into further infomation on this. Its facinating how just one person can open up a whole heape of new things to research.

Thank you