Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

National Archive British Trench Map Atlas

BelgianExile

Does anyone have this DVD? I'm considering shelling out for it (130 quid on Amazon) but only really need it for one project so am not sure if it's worth the money. Any idea what format the images are in?

Thanks,

Damien

I have no problem at all on copying sections of a map using save as. The only very minor irritation is that you have to save it as a bmp file before re saving as a jpeg. I wouldn't be without it! Used it on both windows XP and 7 without any problems.

Roger

I have no problem at all on copying sections of a map using save as. The only very minor irritation is that you have to save it as a bmp file before re saving as a jpeg. I wouldn't be without it! Used it on both windows XP and 7 without any problems.

Roger

Thanks to you both. Roger - are you able to save copies of the whole map that way? Or is it just a section?

The whole map should you wish, but it would be very small scale

Roger

The whole map should you wish, but it would be very small scale

Roger

Thanks Roger.

BelgianExile

PM me your email address and I will email you an example of a whole map

Roger

The other option, depending on whether you are looking for maps from all parts of the Western Front is the series of maps available from the WFA. Much cheaper individually, greater choice, but very basic in terms of support. If your wants focus on a specific area then a single disc might meet your needs and the extra effort required might be outweighed by the cost saving. http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/great-war-mapping/mapping-the-front-great-war-maps-dvd/590-mapping-the-front-great-war-trench-map-dvd.html

Keith

Thanks all. I have copies of WFA discs for the areas I'm looking for en route.