Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

1st BORDER REGT (19797 Pte. H. MARKLAND. M.M.) info please

WW1ACE

Hello all you clever Border Regt enthusiasts .

I'm currently researching a MILITARY MEDAL & 1915 Trio to: 19797 Pte. H. MARKLAND. M.M. of 1st Bn Border Regt.

He's not coming up on the 'new' London Gazette search system and I can't find anything about him on line or even where his unit may have been when he received his award. In fact little about 1st Bn in general.

I hope one of you good chaps can assist with as much info as possible ..many thanks in advance .....Alan

Hello Harry ... Thank you so much for the LG dates... For some reason I just could not get the search to come up on their new site.

This will now allow some more searching for where he was fighting . (Has anyone rose got any info they could offer me !£

Thanks ...Alan

Hi Ken ....thanks for that ...did you know that you can't download NA files onto an iPad ? ...Safari won't accept them.

Just paid out £3.50 for zilch !!

Good to know that he's got 2 cards however ... I guess as you say, these will be his basic MIC & his MM card..

I'll have to get someone with an old desk top computer to be able to use the NA system .

Very grateful for your help sir ... Alan

I don't know if you have his MIC but i have just looked on Ancestry and found it.

I would post it onto here but i am not sure if you are allowed to ?

Regards Mike.

Hi Mike ...thanks for that ..,I'm sure it's 100% to send me a private e-mail with .jpg picture of that ...' Dragonbrit@aol.com'

Much appreciated.

Alan