Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

General Annual Report of the British Army, 1913-1919

Patrick Watt

Does anyone happen to know where to find a copy of the above mentioned document? It seems to have been the original presentation of a number of Statistics from the Great War.

All the best

Patrick

Patrick

I have a copy, it has tables on various headings - strength of the army, casualties, recruitment, pensions, courts martial, horses and mules (!), army reserve, special reserve. I have it as a pdf, about 7mb. Will send you a copy if you like.

Aled

Aled

That is extremely kind - I appreciate it very much. I will PM you with my email address.

Many thanks and all the best

Patrick

• 2 months later...

This publication, available online at archive.org, also consists of statistics

Statistics of the military effort of the British Empire during the Great War, 1914-1920 published by HMSO 1922

https://archive.org/details/statisticsofmili00grea

Cheers

Maureen

Edit 13 August. Includes a helpful list on page 715 of "List of Published Despatches on Military Operations During the Great War" with dates of publication in the London Gazette

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Aled and Patrick,

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the General Annual Report as well?

I would be very grateful.

Thank you and best regards,

S

• 1 month later...

Hi, Sorry to bother you again. I'm working in Switzerland and haven't been able to obtain a copy of the General Annual Report from any other source. Would it be at all possible for you to send me the PDF? Thank you very much. -S

• 9 years later...

I know this is very very old, but for the life of me I just can't find this crucial source anywhere else on the internet. Would anyone here still happen to be active and have a copy of the PDF for this?

• Admin
4 hours ago, rass said:

I know this is very very old, but for the life of me I just can't find this crucial source anywhere else on the internet. Would anyone here still happen to be active and have a copy of the PDF for this?

Welcome to the GWF

@Carmania is an active member of the forum and my tag should alert them to your post.

You can also use the GWF Personal Message system just click on the name and open the dialog box 'Message'

Rass

I'll have a look but should still have it somewhere.

Aled

A few Google search results give General Annual Report of the British Army 1913-1919. (prepared by command of the Army Council). Parliamentary Paper 1921, XX,. Cmd.1193. 

I believe this is available through the subscription website  UK Parliamentary Papers online, or some title similar to this. (I can't access my usual source right now to check exact details.) This subscription website is available to many people with a Library card (County/ State/ National) provided the Library has subscribed for this period.

Maureen

It would appear that it is accessible at The National Archives UK. It should be possible to use one of their desktop machines, and to access ProQuest via their network. That is, if your local library does not have ProQuest access.

House of Commons Parliamentary Papers, 1715–2015

Search the House of Commons Parliamentary Papers on the UK Parliamentary Papers website (institutional subscription required; free access on site at The National Archives in Kew) for accounts of debates in the House of Commons or Command Papers. Search by keyword, date and/or paper number.

Rass

I've found it. Let me know if it's still needed.

Thank you for bringing the post to my attention.

Aled

18 minutes ago, Carmania said:

Rass

I've found it. Let me know if it's still needed.

Thank you for bringing the post to my attention.

Aled

Thanks, I sent a PM about it