Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Charles John Paddy, RE (Signals). Help with MIC, please.

Drew-1918

Hello,

I would be grateful for any help trying to locate my great great uncle's Medal Card. I have his Service Record from Ancestry, but am just trying to tie up loose ends.

He was BEF from the 24.11.18. Could this be a possible reason why he doesn't have an MIC? I have read the LLT and from what I can make out, he should still have one. Unless I am not understanding correctly.

Perhaps his name has been miss-transcribed by a modern data in-putter. His brother's MIC is under "Harry Parry" instead of "Harry Paddy". However, I have tried all the variants I can think of, but to no avail.

He was Charles John Paddy, 353060, Royal Engineers (Signals)

called up 10/4/18.

I have attached the only photo I have which I believe to be him. It is at his sister's wedding in September 1918. He is on the far right, at the back. He would have been about 18 or 19, I think.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

post-79295-0-71927100-1399724713_thumb.j

The Victory Medal was issued to all those who "entered a theatre of war" according to his record he went over on the 28th November 1918, so not at war then, and as this medal could not be awarded without the BWM it figures he was never in receipt of any awards. His service record on the medals awarded page is also blank. Ralph.

Thanks Ralph! Why didn't I think of that? Doh! :wacko:

The Service Record isn't in a great condition and it looks like some of the ink has been washed out when the firemen mustve doused the flames. So sometimes when I read it I am not sure if a section is erased or if it was never written.

Many thanks for your help,

Chris

In my experience the award of medals noted on that particular page the notation was by the use of a rubber stamp and not hand written. Ralph.

I see, another good point. Anyway, your point about the theatre of war really wraps that one up. Thanks very much again.

Chris