Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MacMasters trench map download - help please.

anthony osborne

Morning all,

had a tinker with the MacMasters site yesterday as I am try to establish the exact movements of my GG Uncle Tom and the 6th Leicesters between Feb and July 1917.

I was able to zoom in and download the first section of trench I was interested in as a 'jp2' (whatever one of those is?) however my computer is now telling me I do not have the appropriate software to open the download and when I following the instruction given to find a programme from the web to open the file I end up on a blank page - very frustrating! Am I just being daft and missing a very obvious trick?

Not being overly technical I am hoping some kind sole out there may be able to provide me with some help and/or advice as to what I am doing wrong please.

As always many thanks in advance.

Ant

Hi Ant. I have the N & MP Official History DVD. With that comes " ER Viewer " and McMaster maps open, with this software. Not sure if it' available to download?

Mike

Edit: I think it is available to download, but not sure where best to get it.

Mike,

thanks for the swift reply - I'll give it a go.

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Ant

Mike,

downloaded and working a treat - thanks very much! Can look forward to hours of fun trawling through trench maps!

All the very best - thanks for your time and help

Ant