Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hospitals at Crosby near Liverpool

daggers

While browsing in the web for something quite different I found a reference to soldiers having been treated in the following hospitals in the Crosby area, north of Liverpool:

1] Hotel Dieu Military Hospital, Waterloo

2] Moreland House Military Hospital, 'Sandune' [sic]

3] Beach Road Hospital

There are also quotations from an autograph or visitors' book signed by Tommies.

No 1 has been discussed here before and it had a fuller title including 'of our Lady of Hope'. It was in Haigh Road, and later became Waterloo & District General Hospital which closed in 1985.

No 3 might have been in Litherland,where Beach Road is some distance from the Mersey, off Bridge Road.

I offer this to anyone interested in wartime hospitals, in case they have been overlooked. The website seems to date from 2004 and is:

http.www.homeoint.org/books3/stuart/privatelife.htm

and the detail is under 'The Life of Peter Stuart'.

D

Hello D,

I would be very interested in the lists, can I PM you

Regards

Gerry

Daggers

Thanks for this; I know the Haigh Road site well and Moreland House rings a bell. I'll go and have a look and see if I can find the current locations.

Pete.

Hello Daggers,

I can't PM you as I think your in box may be full

Gerry

There was a Military Hospital in Venice Street, Everton which was a school. in 1916 German POW were treated here who were taken Prisoner during the Somme Offensive.

There was a Military Hospital in Venice Street, Everton which was a school. in 1916 German POW were treated here who were taken Prisoner during the Somme Offensive.

That's a surprise, thank you for that information.

Gill