Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC - New Front pages

sandyford

The front end of the CWGC site has changed.

Probably just being dense but I can't find the search entry page although I can find the instructions about how to do a search.

Where has it gone?

Help.

Kate

Drake 1066

Used your link to get on the site - thank you - but I still got lots of information about the new 'Remember Me' initiatives. I have also tried lots of the access buttons without finding what I want.

It still won't let me select 'Debt of Honour'.

Mind - I can be thrown very easily by change.

Kate

I'm perhaps missing the point a little here but the Debt of Honour Register is in the top right, just enter your details and up it should come.

No, Drake 1066

You were not missing the point. I was.

Because of the design of the new CWGC page, when I had my favourites down the side, the search screen was right off the other side and not visible to me.

You have been very patient and thank you for posting the screen for me.

Kate

First rule of web site design: your users need to be able to see it. Good design forces the page to reconfigure itself, depending on the screen resolution being used, so all of it is always visible.

That one little problem is not helped by the fact that the search box seems to be tacked on as an afterthought. Apart from that, I like the new layout very much. I think the new educational resource pages are excellent.

Tom

In comparison to the unholy, soul destroying, abysmal, nightmarish, foul debacle that is the London Gazette ... the CWGC is cyber-heaven.

Or perhaps I'm being a little too easy on the London Gazette :lol:

Des

Members should note that this is NOT part of the redesign which is planned to happen in a few months.

This is simply the addition of a news story relating to an educational initiative being launched today. It's just that the design went a little askew!

This difficulty for me was totally as a result of me operating on automatic pilot whilst using the CWGC site.

The site has always been absolutely reliable and gives lots of information. I was just in a panic because I thought access was about to be denied in some major coup - like when the regiments search went.

On the other hand I found out lots about their new initiatives while trying to find the search section, so perhaps it was a cunning plot after all.

Kate

Pals may wish to know that my brother and I were privileged to have had input to the "Hitting Home" part of Remember Me.

It was great fun and in return we got some photos of headstones in Shoreham and Hastings cemeteries!!

Regards

Jimmy