Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Remembrance Living history event : 1st Ypres

bkristof

Hi,

We are doing a living history event to remember the first Ypres battle, an often forgotten battle.

We organised guided tours, living history and a act of remembrance.

This will be at Zandvoorde (next to Gheluveld) from 29-10 till 31-10.

Everybody is welcome to join us.

The first Ypres remembrance event:

Location: Zandvoorde, next to Geluveld (Menin road). We are using a small playground next to the market and church of Zandvoorde.

Scedual:

Friday 29october:

-open 16h European time

-installation + fraternising

Saturday 30 october:

morning:

-breakfast: 8 am

-visit: bayernwald

-visit: life guards monument

afternoon:

-remembrance walk (5 miles) 1 pm:

we visit: Zandvoorde cemetery, Geluveld SWB monument + Worchester monument, cryer farm bunker, reutel, monument for the 7th div., French monument at Broodseinde, Visit Passchendaele 1917 memorial museum

evening:

-supper 6 pm

-camp fire sing a long

Sunday 31 october:

morning:

-breakfast: 8 am

-remembrance service: 10th hussars, turner

-visit: German HQ bunker

afternoon:

- Free visit to Hooglede German cemetery

No interest at all??? :(

My mates, the 'City Batts' Great War Living History Group will be making the trip accross. Sorry I cannot be there myself to take some pictures. Unfortunately, I will still be in Benidorm, having a lousy time drinking Sangria & San Miguel doing some serious WW1 research !!!

Cheers

Terry

My mates, the 'City Batts' Great War Living History Group will be making the trip accross. Sorry I cannot be there myself to take some pictures. Unfortunately, I will still be in Benidorm, having a lousy time drinking Sangria & San Miguel doing some serious WW1 research !!!

Cheers

Terry

I'll join you Terry in raising a bottle of San Miguel or two! I will be down near Estepona sitting on the balcony with a beer or sangria looking at the outline of the Atlas Moutains and Gibraltar in the distance...

Ahhhh not long now ;)

Ryan

No interest at all???  :(

Wish I was there - however my employers & family have other plans for me at that time

All The Best

Chris

great!!!

Having a Grandfather who fought at 1st Ypres, I wish you every good luck with these events. I want to get over but may have to save my free time for 11/11.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update,

The weekend was....undiscribable...fun, intresting,throbbing,awesome. All the palls,mates and kameraden present were great. The visits were unlike before hearing private stories about both sides. Even seeing the batle explained from both sides was completely new and very enlightning.

The commemorations on Sunday still silences me. An event without compare.

And i even haven't begon the hymn for the nurses. Their care taking was astonishing there was always hot food lunchpakkets and little treats for weary soldiers.

I forgot my camera but others will surely posts foto's of the event.

coo-ee

patrick

Glad the weekend went well. Only sorry I couldn't be there. Thanks again to Kristof for all your help on our recent battlefields' tour. The photos are amazing and are one of the highlights of our wall display at school. The lads are still talking about the Lewis gun!

By the way Mark the Lewis is petrick's property, the aussie guy above... BUT I FEED IT ! :D