Searching for Death Plaque 303man help please

Guest mccollmbe

Guest mccollmbe

John Gray

Remembered with Honour

Cambrai Memorial, Louverval

In Memory of

Private

S/9042, 14th Bn., Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders who died on 23 November 1917 Age 25

Son of John Gray, of 1, South Castle St., St. Andrews, Fife.

We have the certificate issued for my great uncle for his plaque and have his medals but somehow the plaque became separated and consequently I am desperate to track it down for my 82 year old Dad. We have a load of John Grays DIaries which I have transcribed which I offered to Antiques Roadshow for their specials but obviously it was not of great enough interest to pursue. Thinking of gifting to the A & SH museum at Stirling but want to have the whole bundle before I do. Help please tell me someone has his plaque.

We have been on several occasions to Louverval to honour him as he was one of those lost in the war.

GRAY_JOHN1.pdf

their are dozens of plaques named JOHN GRAY so you may find one but not a guarantee it was ACTUALLY his one

you could try an ad in Medal News or a post on the British medal forum as well - lots of options

I assume he means the scroll?

Unless it's the receipt thingy...

Regards

Ian

If he is on about the scroll the production of them finished well ahead of the plaques and again the 2 may arrive several years apart.