Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench Map Needed

sbaxter77

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had an early trench map for the area between Wulverghem and Messines,1914-15, im interested in the farms inperticular that may be noted on the maps rather than the trenches as i wish to see what ones were around compared with todays farms, this is as the 9th Lancers stayed in one just north of Wulverghem when billited there which is what im studying at the moment.

Any help as always from you kinds folks will be most appreciated

Stu

This 9th April 1916 map has better detail as regards farm names than most of the 1915 versions I have, so may be more useful for your request...

Dave

post-357-0-51559600-1395829999_thumb.jpg

Far less accurate, but some good detailing on farm names around Wulvergem can also be found on this trench-sketch map extract dating from April 1915...

Dave

post-357-0-28999300-1395830324_thumb.jpg

Hi Dave

This is the exact location i was interested in, thankyou so much, Burnt Farm ,RE Farm and Elbow Farm are in the region i was hoping,

Many Thanks Again

Stu

Just for interest's sake, this modern NGI map illustrates (in red) the locations of the original buildings of the 3 farms you mention in relation to the current buildings and features...

Dave

post-357-0-98252700-1395832272_thumb.jpg

Thank you Dave, this is even more of a help than you can imagine! Your help is really apreciated!

Stu

Hi Jules

Again thank you, an area im interested in also and all the farms are marked, really usefull

Thank You

Stu