Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Book look-up 1/4th Loyal North Lancashire

Chris_Baker

I have a digitised copy of the war history of the 1/4th Loyals (you can download it from archive.org) but the facsimile copy of the signatures of those who volunteered for overseas service on 8 August 1914 is pretty much illegible. If anyone has a copy that can be read, I would value confirmation of the presence of the signature of 508 Richard Corns. He went on to serve as the battalion's RSM.

do you know which company he was in? I have had a look at my copy with a magnifying glass but cannot see him

Thank you. He was with D Company when wounded in July 1917.

He may not be listed. I can't find an entitlement to a 1914-15 Star: at least, not under his name and number.

He is shown in the casualty list, RSM R Corns 200158 D company wounded 18/7/17 but I cannot see him in the D company list 1914

Chris

D Company by the time they went to France was made up of G & H Companies, but sadly I can't see his name on the Roll of Volunteers for C either.

Andy

post-16373-0-21111700-1395488931_thumb.j

200158 is one of my 'Lytham Territorials' Sgt J Cookson, C Company, twice wounded 21/7/17 and 30/5/18, I can find no mention of Richard Corns in the casualty lists..

• 2 weeks later...