Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Turkish bayonet prices... Laugh or cry?

trajan

Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry... Those of you who have read previous posts of mine will know that most of the time what I find here is either crap or ridiculously over priced...

How about this one? Offered for sale as an 1850 French bayonet but actually probably a Martini-Peabody 1874 (as used in the Great War!). Now, ignore the missing top and bottom of the crossguard - still being at offered at a mere TL 9,000... That's about GBP 2,800...

Like I said, laugh or cry?

Trajan

post-69449-0-38563200-1395246067_thumb.j

I have one just like that, finish wise, but with crossguard intact!

Seems I have been sitting on a gold mine.

I just don't know if I could let it go, for such a cheap price!

Ooooohhhh - show and tell, show and tell! :thumbsup:

But, yes, things are often a wee bit bananas over here on the local e-by-gum-bay.... The last one of these ones I got at the market here came with a scabbard and cost me TL 450, so GBP 150 or so. Yes, that was a bargain price, as normally I would have to pay about the same for one without scabbard in working condition (i.e., catch working). But TL 9,000 for that???!!! :huh:

Ladies and gen'lemen, how's about this one? A very nice, if slightly foxed, or whatever, 1903 model bayonet, shortened courtesy of the Turkish military authorities to a more manageable length, and re-numbered in 1928 or after, and yours, yes EXCLUSIVELY yours only, for the bargain price of.... the equivalent of a mere GBP 300!

post-69449-0-06854700-1395582484_thumb.jpost-69449-0-36004600-1395582491_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...