Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1914 Star with Aug-Nov Bar

mcderms

Somehow over the years my family has lost my great-great grandfathers 1914 star. I have just been given his VM and BWM when my grandad died and have written to the medal office asking for a replacement star. If this doesn't happen, can anyone tell me how/where I can get a museum quality replica for display?

Hi Stewart,

try http://www.worcmedals.com/

Did you receive my reply to your email?

Regards

Richard

Hi Stewart,

If you decide to get your replacement medal from this company I would be very interested to read what you think of the service, quality of the medal, and so on.

All the best

Gary

Hello, Stewart,

You could also try Raymond D. Holdich, of 7, Whitcomb St., Trafalgar Square, London: http://www.rdhmedals.com/. Their web-site mentions their duplicate medal service without giving any details, so you will have to e-mail them with your requirements.

I got duplicates of my grandfather's Boer War medals, one with six clasps and the other with two, and they look like new.

Michael Pegum

Hi Stewart,

tried to email you, but it came back unsuccessful with a 'Permanent Error'.

Can you please email me your email address.

Regards

Richard.

The Army Medal Office do not provide replacements except in cases of extreme distress eg theft, loss by fire. The request for replacement must come from the receipient. Sorry to be so negative

All The Best

Chris