Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Chellaston, Derbyshire

Adam Llewellyn

Good Day All,

I do some voluntary work for the Loughborough Carillon Tower Memorial Museum and have been asked to try and help with some information on two possible brothers on the Diseworth Memorial in Leicestershire. I've never seen the Diseworth Memorial, but have been told that the names are listed as,

B. Palmer and W. Palmer, and its believe that these two chaps are Bernard & William Palmer, brothers, who are both show as living in Diseworth on the 1911 Census.

Both brothers were born in Chellaston, Derbyshire, Bernard died of Influenza on the 15th February 1919 and the address on the death certificate is Boulton Edge, Chellaston Road, Derby?

After going down all of the normal avenues and getting nothing back on a military basis, on either brother, I was wondering if anybody has done anything on Chellaston and maybe able to help with information on Bernard & William.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Llew.

I've just Googled Chellaston War Memorial and now have an image which shows William Palmer, Australians and Bernard Palmer, RFA. I should be able to get somewhere now but if anyone can add anything, then please do not be shy.

Regards.

Llew.

Adam,

i can`t place the Diseworth memorial. Is it in the Church?

Jim

Hey up Jim,

St. Michael & All Angel's Church, but I couldn't tell you if it's in the church or outside.

I couldn't believe my luck with the Chellaston Memorial, getting Christian names and with whom they served.

Don't forget that Ale!!!