Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

JOSTURM

Gunner Archibald Leonard - RFA - information sought please.

JOSTURM

Does anyone have any information on a distant relative of mine - Archibald Leonard. He was in the Royal Field Artillery and a Gunner - we have foudn his MIC, but it doesn't tell much.

Regards

Josturm

battiscombe

what number - that may help [as there are several possibilities amongst MICs]

JOSTURM

198555.....sorry its Royal Garrison Artillery.

Thanks

Josturm

battiscombe

there are a some members with great expertise in RGA numbering - perhaps re-post accordingly so they pick this up?

RickSearcher

JOSTURM, I believe Archibald Leonard was my Great-Uncle, brother of Dorothy Mary? I have been trying to research this branch of the family. Please make contact if I am correct. Archibald’s mother would be Mary Bentley. 

charlie962

Welcome to the forum Rick.

The forum's notification of new posts to old threads doesn't seem to work properly so I add this extra notification to @JOSTURM

Charlie

JOSTURM
On 06/09/2019 at 17:07, RickSearcher said:

JOSTURM, I believe Archibald Leonard was my Great-Uncle, brother of Dorothy Mary? I have been trying to research this branch of the family. Please make contact if I am correct. Archibald’s mother would be Mary Bentley. 

RickSearcher - sorry, I haven't been on the Forum for a long time. I was doing some research into the Leonards who served in the Great War, and one of the Artillery i was investigating was Archibald Leonard - No 198555 Royal Garrison Artillery. I don't know his personal life details, wife, kids, family etc but would like to add to my database. He was born 1899 lived Yorke Road, Reigate Think he also lived Uckfield abd Tunbridge Wells. died 1990

If he is your Great Uncle, i would appreciate your information.

Regards Peter Leonard aka Josturm.,