Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Where else can I look

Wendy Macpherson

Hi all

I'm still on the hunt for Pont Rouge photos/postcards

The Pont Rouge that I am looking for is in the Warneton or Ploegsteert area of Belgium, just across the river Lyse from Deulemont

I look on eBay and delcampe.net. Anyone know of any other good sites that sell postcards

Wendy

Hello, afin de venir en aide voici une explication: WARNETON est une ville frontière avec la Lys, situation 12 km de Lille, 14 km de Ypres, 8 km de ARMENTIERES, le quartier du PONT-ROUGE est situé sur le territoire de WARNETON, comme le quartier du ROOSTER et celui de la BASSE-VILLE. Salutations WALBEER;

Hello Jim

Thanks for that, I have those eight postcards and found a number of others on delcampe.net over time, really on the hunt for new material and places to look. ultimately I would like postcards showing the war. I have loads of aerial photos from the war but would like to see the area from ground level so to speak. The New Zealanders were there in 1917

Hello, afin de venir en aide voici une explication: WARNETON est une ville frontière avec la Lys, situation 12 km de Lille, 14 km de Ypres, 8 km de ARMENTIERES, le quartier du PONT-ROUGE est situé sur le territoire de WARNETON, comme le quartier du ROOSTER et celui de la BASSE-VILLE. Salutations WALBEER;

Hello walbeer

Thanks for the correct location and explication where to find Pont Rouge, I have herd La Basse Ville called 'lower town' so gather it is the lower town of Warneton

Hello to help here is an explanation: WARNETON is a border town with Lys, location 12 km from Lille, 14 km from Ypres, 8 km ARMENTIERES, the district BRIDGE RED is located on the territory of WARNETON, as the district ROOSTER and that of LOWERTOWN. Greetings WALBEER;

Pour le amis de ce forum encore quelques explication sur WARNETON. Le PELERIN et le BIRDCAGE est sur le territoire de WARNETON. St-YVES et le ST-YVON est aussi sur la commune de WARNETON. La sucrerie, Zuckerfabriek est sur WARNETON du côté belge. Et pour terminé le POWERPOINT CEMETERY est sur le territoire géographique de Warneton. Amitiés aux amis de ce forum. Walbeer.

Wendy, I will keep my eye's peeled. JIM

Not sure if this is much use, but some great photographs Plugstreet Sector Battlefield Experience pdf download 20.2 MB

Have you tried the Michelin books?

Mike

Oh Yes I should re visit that idea, I have the Michelin guide for that area, great thank you will take another look at it

Thanks for the link will take a look at it now

Wendy, I will keep my eye's peeled. JIM

Many thanks Jim

Wendy