Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lapugnoy Cemetery near Bethune

Terry Carter

I am off to Auchonvillers of Friday morning 8th October. On the way we will be making a short detour to visit Lapugnoy British Cemetery for one of our group to visit his grandfather's grave.

While I am there would anyone else like me to photograph any other grave for them.

Please let me know.

Cheers

Terry

Terry,

Very kind of you to ask the question!

I would greatly appreciate a picture of the resting place of William George Stanistreet (Grave Reference: II. F. 14). He was born in Liverpool, went to Canada thru a Children's Home and grew up in Sutton, Quebec. He was killed during the battle for Vimy Ridge in1917, while serving with the Victoria Rifles of Canada.

During a trip to Europe, I taken upon myself to take pictures of all graves and memorials of Sutton's men who died on the Western front (God, they were young!) I therefore visited Lapugnoy Cemetery, a quiet, peaceful place. However, the inscriptions on G. Stanistreet's grave turned out to be unreadable on my picture... :(

Terry, you would do me a great favour by correcting my technical mistake and taking a picture of W.G.S.'s grave :D .

Thank you.

Juice

Terry

If that is the same as Lapugnoy Military Cemetery and you have time would you please take a photograph of the grave of Pte. Henry Evans 25716 1st Bn. KSLI who DoW 9th October 1917. Grave Ref: V1.A.13. I also would be interested to know if there is an inscription.

Hope you have a good trip.

Myrtle

Terry

If time permits, I would be ever so grateful for snaps of the headstones of two native Cheltonians:

Lcpl Henry Richard Dodwell - 16009 - 8th Battalion Gloucestershire - died 12th September 1918 - Plot XI, Row A, Grave 6

Pte William James Mott - 2173 - 1st Battalion Gloucestershire Regiment - died 9th October 1915 - Plot I, Row C, Grave 11

With very many thanks, and have a good trip.

Regards

Jimmy

I have the digital photos that were requested. Shall I post them on the forum or shall I send them via e-mail ?

If you want them as e-mails, can you receive them OK.

Terry

Terry

Great snaps, many thanks indeed. Will PM you.

Regards

Jimmy

hello Juice

I have tried to e-mail the pictures to you. but was notified the attempt failed. So Below is one picture of W G Stanistreet's grave.

post-12-1098129573.jpg