Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help in finding missing DSO with bar Medal group Warwickshire Yeomanry

beestonboxer

I am looking on behalf of a family member to the whereabouts of a medal group that has been out of the family since the 1950s .The recipient was Lt col Bernard Granville 3rd Hussars , Warwickshire Yeomanry.

I understand that his entitlement as far as can be confirmed was the DSO with bar , QSA , 1914-15 Star, BWM and VM with oak leaf . It has been confirmed that they are not in the possession of the Warwickshire Yeomanry Museum ( thank you Philip Wilson)

The GWF is my first port of call I will also be contacting various auction houses, medal news medal tracking and the British medal forum. Any other suggestions are most welcome.

The medals were sold as I say in the 1950s to an antique dealer from Warwickshire, current family members would dearly like to be reunited with them.

I know the chances are slim of them coming to light and that many groups have been broken for various reasons, this has been explained to the family, I am in the hope that the group is still together somewhere in some ones collection.

Any help or information however small is most welcome.

There are a few places where you could start getting the word out.

Token Publishing has "Medal Tracker" on their web site. Also, you could join and mention on the British Medals Forum. A few members here are also on there.

Just a start.

Cheers Andy.

Thanks Andy

I have just joined the British Medals Forum and hope to get something on there later today, should have done that ages ago anyway as I do have an interest in collecting medals ( when I can afford them) and will be taking a look at the Medal Tracker soon.

The Gentleman concerned was also appointed to The Honourable Corps Of Gentlemen At Arms in 1920 and held the position until his death in 1933 . Are you aware of any specific award - medal - honour that was granted to such gentlemen holding this position ?

Regards Tim

If found and they wanted to purchase I would say the group would be very expensive

Yes I have also mentioned this to the Family member, I know this would only be speculation but any members with an idea of the value of such a group if it were to come up for auction I would be interested to hear from you. I have mentioned a possible value but as this kind of group is way out of my league someone with a little more knowledge on gallantry groups and their values may be able to shed a little more of an accurate light.