Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help with medal index card

jemm

Hi, one of the soldier patients I am researching was shown as Cpl Sydney Moss, 3rd Rifle Brigade I am quietly confident that the attached is his mic, however what I cant figure out is, was he a cpl in 3rd rifle brigade who was then transfered to Labor Corps, or vice versa. I am trying to discover if he was pensioned off or went back to front etc :)

post-4696-0-83997400-1391343619_thumb.jp

He went to France on 10 Sep 1914 as a Corporal in the Rifle Brigade and some point was transferred to the Labour Corps - usually due to wounds or illness.

The 3rd Bn went to France on 12 Sep 1914 so it's possible he was instead sent to the 1st Bn or went ahead as an advance element of 2rd Bn. You'd probably need a luck at the original medal rolls to check.

http://www.1914-1918.net/rb.htm

Craig

He went to France on 10 Sep 1914 as a Corporal in the Rifle Brigade and some point was transferred to the Labour Corps - usually due to wounds or illness.

The 3rd Bn went to France on 12 Sep 1914 so it's possible he was instead sent to the 1st Bn or went ahead as an advance element of 2rd Bn. You'd probably need a luck at the original medal rolls to check.

http://www.1914-1918.net/rb.htm

Craig

Thanks for that Craig, He was admitted to the hospital on the 29th Nov 1914, so that would fit with him being transfered due to injury or wounds. He was shot in the left hand on 22 September during the battle of Aisne, having to have a finger amputated.

• Admin

He definitely went out with 3rd battalion and was transferred to the Labour Corps between October 1917 and January 1918. The medal roll says Eastern Command Labour Corps so it look like he was initially home based but went into theatre later.

Glen

post-32914-0-90030800-1391415466_thumb.j