Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Keighley News - going online

BradfordWW1

Just to let you all know that Bradford Libraries have been busy busy - hot on the tails of their online Roll of Honour they are now releasing online editions of the Keighley News starting with 1914

All their WW1 resources will be linked from their website once fully tested

Please give them feedback via Twitter or email to let them know if it all works and (hopefully) how pleased you are and what a great job they are doing!!

local.studies@bradford.gov.uk

Happy reading :0)

Kathryn

p.s. in case you are wondering I don't work for Bradford Library but am on the committee of FOBALS (Friends of Bradford Archives and Local Studies) you can follow FOBALS on twitter and facebook

Kathryn

it looks good, and I have followed your suggestion, sending appreciation, as well as suggesting a minor change to folder names, as in 1 January, 2 February etc., which will improve the presentation I think if adopted.

Keith

Fantastic resource, and well done everyone concerned.

I wonder though of anyone else finds the word search facility lacking? I tried several searches, several of which were for words and names clearly visible on the page, such as Hastings (a private whose photo is captioned) only to be told in every case 'no matches'.

I think the text recognition software at the library is not up to reading the print form these old newspapers as they were taken from microfiche scans that were done years ago, it would also involve a lot more time and effort to process. So sorry but you have to browse issues - but at least that facility is available to all now they are online