Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Absent Voters List - 1918 W Riding Yorkshire

Ellis1918

I am trying to trace the 1918 Absent Voters List for the West Riding of Yorkshire , in particular for Rother Valley. It is not held in Rotherham Archives or Wakefield Archives . Has any member come across it in their research ? It may simply be a case of it not surviving.

Electoral registers for the West Riding have apparently just been released by Ancestry. I ahven't viewed them yet, so don't know whether they include the AV lists. If they are not traceable via Ancestry, an query to the Archives HQ might get you the answer.

Keith

Thank you Keith I have looked at the W Riding registers on Ancestry but the Absent Voters List is missing for Rother Valley. I have contacted the West Riding Archives in Wakefield who confirmed that they do not hold the list.

The list for Rotherham , including regiment and service numbers , is available at our local archives and if any forum members require details of a particular serviceman I am happy to call in and look them up

It might not be obvious but give Doncaster Archives a go. Although it is a while back, when I was looking for Hatfield Woodhouse they had lists for other areas.