The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Happy New Year

6th Shropshires

Happy New Year everyone.

Happy New Year to all Forum folk

David

Yes - a Happy New Year to all.

Hazel C.

Yes a very happy and prosperous New Year to all Forum members.

Mike

For me it has been a pretty bizarre end of 2013.

To start with we had just arrived in the south of France when we had a phone call on December 14 to say my father had died (aged 97 and in very bad health, so no surprise).

Then on 15th we were supposed to go out to dinner with another couple as our wives share a birthday. The other wife then went down with 'flu.

My wife hovered on 'flu with a bad cold throughout Christmas and up to 30th.

On 25th we were supposed to go to a big dinner party at the home of some friends. Except that the husband went down with shingles on 24th.

We were supposed to go to a party last night, but the couple got back from England on 29th to find their house had been burgled. The party was still to go ahead.

Then they phoned yesterday morning to say they were both down with 'flu.

I only hope 2014 is better. First task of the new year is to go to England and my father's funeral and make sure the solicitor is doing his executing job.

Happy New Year.

A very happy new year to all. We are exploring new horizons (walking in France). We want mainly to walk battlefields but feel quite inspired by finding the following last night

http://walkinginfrance.info/

Definitely not so sure about the shorts (or the tent actually!) - the ageing Aussies bit fits :D

But just get the feeling it's going to be a great year and hope the same for others.

Judy

But just get the feeling it's going to be a great year and hope the same for others.

Judy

I sincerely hope so Judy. Happy New Year to all wherever you may be today.

For me it has been a pretty bizarre end of 2013.

To start with we had just arrived in the south of France when we had a phone call on December 14 to say my father had died (aged 97 and in very bad health, so no surprise).

Then on 15th we were supposed to go out to dinner with another couple as our wives share a birthday. The other wife then went down with 'flu.

My wife hovered on 'flu with a bad cold throughout Christmas and up to 30th.

On 25th we were supposed to go to a big dinner party at the home of some friends. Except that the husband went down with shingles on 24th.

We were supposed to go to a party last night, but the couple got back from England on 29th to find their house had been burgled. The party was still to go ahead.

Then they phoned yesterday morning to say they were both down with 'flu.

I only hope 2014 is better. First task of the new year is to go to England and my father's funeral and make sure the solicitor is doing his executing job.

Happy New Year.

So sorry to hear about your father but at 97 I am sure he was ready. All the best for the rest of 2014.

Hazel

Happy new year! I wish all of you the best in 2014!