Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The disappeaing 'Great War'

Mark Hone

The Iraq War, now the dreaded World Snooker Championships...will BBC2 ever get round to showing 'The Great War'? The whole much-touted reshowing has turned into a fiasco. Meanwhile the license fee is squandered on digital channels no-one watches(literally-see press reports on BBC3's news programme ) If only I could afford the video package!

The Iraq War, now the dreaded World Snooker Championships...will BBC2 ever get round to showing 'The Great War'? The whole much-touted reshowing has turned into a fiasco.

Mark - When I first saw that the BBC where going to air this series I had a sneaky feeling that they wouldn't let it run it's course.

Although it was on BBC2 I felt that showing it at prime-time on a Saturday was bad news for those of us who wanted to watch it, how many times do you see a Saturday night documentry?

I also had a feeling that as the Iraq War started the programme would be pulled by some PC, tree-hugger (no offence to PC, tree-huggers :D).

Guest Simon Bull

I have e-mailed the BBC to complain about this, and they phoned me and told me that they would be showing the rest of the series. No definite start date, but probably late April (yes, I know that there is not much of April left!).

Whether it actually happens remains to be seen as I have been given similar assurances before and it has not in fact been put back on.

Simon Bull

I have e-mailed the BBC to complain about this, and they phoned me and told me that they would be showing the rest of the series. No definite start date, but probably late

Why don't we all e-mail the BBC?

Simon, what's their address?

It has been shown on BBC4 for the last three weeks on Saturday. Last Saturday was the episode about Gallipoli.

Is this an attempt by the BBC to get us all to go for the digital packages? What better way than to start a series, get people interested in it then remove it from 'normal' channels and put it onto their new channels? <_<

I will now load up my quill with poison ink and pen a strong letter of complaint to the Director General of the BBC :ph34r:

At least you have a choice, here in Canada we only get what the USA is showing!