Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Display advice please

Chester837

I have recently acquired a Princess Mary Christmas box in good condition with the original Christmas card inside. Can anyone suggest a decent method of displaying them, preferably with some form of protection to avoid them being exposed to the nastiness of the outside world?

Cheers

The enemy of most displays is direct sunlight which will bleach the colours in no time. I have several of these little boxes which I keep propped open in front of my books in glass-fronted bookcases. Just make sure the room is kept shaded. If they've survived the trenches then a little extra dust won't hurt.

Thanks for the advice. I don't have any glass fronted bookcases so I've been thinking about an acrylic display box (the sort of think people who collect model cars / buses etc use) but wasn't really sure how to include the christmas card. I guess I could make some kind of stand to prop it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Chester837

You’ve probably already solved your problem but a small acrylic plate stand would do the job.11722340774_c752d64064_t.jpg

Available at hardware stores or via the internet.

Displaying the card will be the hardest on it. Might I suggest getting a high quality copy made on card stock and displaying that instead. That way you can safely store the card so it will be protected and preserved for years to come.

Mike