Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Stained glass at Swaffham Prior

seaJane

My Word! The number of times I, as a youth, passed that Church and never looked in. Amazing. Thanks Jane.

Very true. Now I'm an older (and obviously much wiser) man, I try to pop in. Amazing what one finds.

I can't remember if these particular windows have featured, but there is a whole thread on stained glass as memorials in the Cemeteries and Memorial board.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember if these particular windows have featured, but there is a whole thread on stained glass as memorials in the Cemeteries and Memorial board.

Without going back through that thread, I'm pretty sure I mentioned it there or somewhere else on the GWF. It's worth a detour to see the windows. Swaffham Prior is quite a nice village (unlike its larger namesake much parodied by Harry Hill), it has a very pretty main street, you get the unexpected bonus of two churches together and the stained glass is very well done and extremely effective. Plus the nearby pub did an excellent lunch with a good pint, though it's several years since I was there.