Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

C company no4 officer cadet battalion Keble college oxford 1917

researchings

I have a couple of large photographs of this Company . Can someone give me any History please. I did Email Oxford they were not interested . I have all my grandfathers militaria from WW1 he attended officer training at Keble college the photo is dated July 1917 .

Where in Oxford did you e-mail? Keble's archivist used to be very good.

Did you contact the soldiers of Oxfordshire museum in Woodstock? I think they are on the forum.

Justin H

I believe the college was taken over by an OTC unit for the duration, so these men were not Keble students and the archivist may not have any data for you. Perhaps this explains the college's non-response.

Alternatively as SeaJane hints, you may not have reached where you thought, particularly if you e-mailed an address for the central university administration or archives - Oxford is a large complicated organism!

I can't remember whom I contacted now as it's some time ago but if someone could guide me in the right direction it's much appreciated. Im trying to find out about my grandfathers war history.

Looking at Keble's website I see that they have no archivist at the moment - which may explain a lot... However, I do know one of the other library staff, and will investigate.