Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte.D.Box, R.F.A., any info welcome

10th Hussar DCM

Dear Friends

Just a brief note to ask for help for info on Pte.D.Box, Royal Field Artilery. I purchased a postcard yesterday at a postcard fair in Durham (Found it in a £1 box). The reverse has the details: D.Box, R.F.A. WW1, later taught at Pittington School, County Durham.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Service papers for 67194 Gunner David Box Royal Garrison Artillery are available on Ancestry. David was born 1890 in Malmesbury Wiltshire. He enlisted on 6th November 1915 his address given as 128 Latchmere Road, Battersea and his occupation that of Teacher. David married Margaret Johnson Bromley 22June1918, Clifton House County Durham.

He spent 73 days in York Military Hospital 15/11/1917 with " ? wound to right wrist ? ? ? ?of Ulna" ( Unable to read) and a further 48 days at R A C D Ripon with G S W to right arm.

Teachers Registration Council

Box. David

Date of registration 1 August 1920

Reg No 43445

Professional address Pittington Council Mixed School Durham

Experience Assistant Master

Murton Council Senior Boys School Co Durham 1912-1919

Pittington C E Mixed School Co Durham 1919-1920

Headmaster

Pittington Mixed School Co Durham 1920

Bob

little bob. Thanks for typing that lot, it would have taken me all day (one finger typing) :blush: I left it so Michael could look for himself. :thumbsup:

Wow, thank you rjaydee and little bob. I am most greatful to you both for finding so much info for me, Best wishes Michael