The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

1128 M.T Company ASC

Hallaton1

Hello

Just wondering if anyone could give me some information on the whereabouts of this ASC company.

I suspect it was formed late on in 1918 and the man I'm researching was called up in July of that year and was a grade BIII/II.

He went to Havre in October 1918 and may have been attached to 21 GHQ M.T Coy as well as 1128.

I've tried the NA for a war diary but there seems to be a small group of war diaries under the WO95/1128 code which keep coming up but which don't seem to relate to this company.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would just like to know whereabouts in France/Belgium it might have been and what it transported if possible.

Thanks

Max

Max

From Young's "ASC"

Formed 30 September 1918

Absorbed into 1 MT depot 14 October 1919

Served on the Western front in 21 GHQ Reserve Company (MT)

There is no W095 number against the entry.

Regards,

Graeme

Max

From Young's "ASC"

Formed 30 September 1918

Absorbed into 1 MT depot 14 October 1919

Served on the Western front in 21 GHQ Reserve Company (MT)

There is no W095 number against the entry.

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme

Thanks for that info.

Max

Kia Ora, My g/father was at place called Candas july 1919. 3rd army ASC. M T. RASC .It is hard to get info on ASC as they were all over the place.I sent a photo to the ASC museum

of his truck but they could only confirm the truck no was 3rd Army France. The main base was a place called Flexicourt,?(don't know the correct spelling.

regards Charles

The National Archives have some ASC MT Company war diaries. I have photographed the 801 ASC MT Company war diary at Kew and I now know where they were and what they were doing. If you have a look in the Salonika and the Balkans sub forum you will see a thread I started, it contains a page from the war diary.

• 4 months later...
Guest WiggyNick

Hello

Just wondering if anyone could give me some information on the whereabouts of this ASC company.

I suspect it was formed late on in 1918 and the man I'm researching was called up in July of that year and was a grade BIII/II.

He went to Havre in October 1918 and may have been attached to 21 GHQ M.T Coy as well as 1128.

I've tried the NA for a war diary but there seems to be a small group of war diaries under the WO95/1128 code which keep coming up but which don't seem to relate to this company.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would just like to know whereabouts in France/Belgium it might have been and what it transported if possible.

Thanks

Max

Max

Did you find out any more about 1128 Company?

Like yours, my grandfather served with 1128 MT Co, joining the war late becuse of an injured hand. He was a driver with ASC (MT).

His Active Service record shows:

Embarked Southampton 9-10-1918

Disembarked (Le) Havre 10-10-1918

1128 M.T.Coy., 21 G.H.Q.Resorvo M.T.Coy.

there is a note ASC/N28/13382. whatever that means!

Thanks,

Nick