Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New Zealand Archives

stuart714

Would anyone in New Zealand be able to request the following mans papers to be digitised from the wellington Archives in New Zealand -

Cpl William Stuart

Service No - 23/1830

Ref

R7822510 AABK 18805 W5553 80 / 0110485 Text

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Hi

Will ask my son to have a look I think he is in Wellington this week and has done a few before.

James

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stuart,

I was just wondering if you knew about the (NZ) 'Auckland War Memorial Museum' - Cenotaph database. The web address for the Museum is www.aucklandmuseum.com. or type 'New Zealand WW1 Linked Open Data' into google. This takes you to the home page with:Embarkation Rolls

Cenotaph Database

Linked Data

Model Development

Data Preparation

Tutorial

I have typed 23/1830 William Stuart into the Cenotaph Database and he is there.

Sorry I can't get you the papers from the National Archives as I don't live in Wellington. Some records have been digitised, but alas your man hasn't as yet. If you don't have luck with someone getting them for you. You can get them emailed or posted for a small fee. (I've done this before).

Good Luck

Susan

I apologise for the delay in doing this but with exams the kids have been a bit busy, however one went in today and did it at lunchtime - should be available in a few days.

James

• 1 month later...

Tried over xmas period to look at this mans file through NZ archives archway, still does not seem to have been digitised?

Is it me or NZ archives?

Stuart

Tried over xmas period to look at this mans file through NZ archives archway, still does not seem to have been digitised?

Is it me or NZ archives?

Stuart

I have talked to the boys again - they reckon they have requested it. If you are still not having any luck as soon as the holidays are over I will get them to look at it again.

Regards

James

• 2 weeks later...

james

Tried again today (13th) for william Stuart through archway, without success.

Could your boys ask again?

Thanks

Stuart

• 3 weeks later...