Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2/1, 2/2, 2/3 North Midland Field Ambulance War Diary

stevie1944

Does anyone have the war diary entries for the 2/1, 2/2, or 2/3 Midland Field Ambulances. I am looking for entries for 26 September 1917 for either of these units posted near Iberian Farm for the 2/5 Lincs advance on Dochy Farm.

Graeme,

Thank you for posting those links. Unfortunately I am unable to get to Kew, so hopefully a good Samaritan will provide some information :D

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heading to Kew in the near future that could look up these few entries for me? I really appreciate everyone's help on this topic. I've been tracking Pte. Pearson for over a year now and would not have gotten this far without everyone's assistance. Thank you! :)

Stevie

Are you expecting to see casualty detail on a wounded soldier from 2/5 Lincs ?

FA Diaries frequently just show numbers of casualties in and out. Such Diaries might show a CCS routing and if you have ref to one of the few CCS with surviving Admission and Discharge Registers in the MH 106 series you may be able to get a check on the dates you seek and the nature of wounds etc.

I was hoping to find CCS routing for the 2/5 lincolnshire regiment and the number of casualties that were admitted that day. Would these records contain this information or should I look elsewhere? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone able to get this information for me I would be extremely grateful and it would be valuable to my research. I live too far away to visit in person, so I appreciate anyone's help. Thank you

A chance I can look tomorrow,subject to the pace of the day so no promises.

A chance I can look tomorrow,subject to the pace of the day so no promises.

You're a lifesaver! Thank you so much!

Stevie

I have pages from all three NMFAs.2/1 has figures for casualties from 2/5 Lincs but no names or links to passage of casualties down the line for the date vicinity that you post.

I will need your e-mail here by PM, in order to send the pages for you to read for yourself.

• 1 month later...

For anyone else who might be interested ,now or in the future,Stevie1944 has the pages !