Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

12613 Pte Harry Elsmore - Kings Shropshire Light Infantry

MalcolmE

I have found his medal card on Ancestry, it also says that he joined in 1915. It also mentions a regimental No 153835 for the MCGC. I have spent many hours on the internet looking for any information about him. If anybody has got any information about him would very much appreciated.

Malcolm

post-102889-0-71974100-1382301959_thumb.

Hi Malcolm

I have little info. on him myself but can tell you he landed in France with the 8th Battalion K.S.L.I.

Going by info. I have on men near side of his K.S.L.I. number it looks like he enlisted at Stafford along with about 64 other men between the 1st and 4th September 1914.

Sorry not much

Annette

Thank you Annette any information is much appreciated. The only other information I have got of him is a picture of him in his uniform.

Many thanks

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Nice to see your Avatar is actually a picture of Harry. Can't find anything else, I think you already have it.

Kindest regards

Barry

Hi Barry,

The picture is of me, Harry Elsmore was my grandad. I did not know he was in the K.S.L.I until my mother left me a photo of him.

Regards

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm

Could I ask for a copy of his photo, I am collecting as much info. as possible on the K.S.L.I. (Great War only) and the men who severed in the Regiment. I have been building a database for the past 25 years. I have also not long started a Facebook page which I hope to build up over next few years. No worries if you do not want to pass on his photo.

Annette