Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bouzincourt Muches

martymcauley

Stayed in a gite in Bouzincourt and asked the landlord would it be possible to go below the church into what are called the Muches, man made tunnels dug out in the middle ages and used as a dressing station during the war. Sorted it out for us and when we went down there it is literally covered in graffiti. I took some photos but it would take weeks to get it all. Some of the photos arent very clear as it is quite difficult to take in a hurry. Was unreal and really worth trying to get into. Will over the next few days transcribe the details on the photos i took. The jpegs are to large to post here.

Hi Marty, look forward to seeing them. You can post them on an image hosting site,then the size might not be a problem, I use Tinypic, but there are probably better ones. Photbucket etc. Or you could re-size them, I use Windows Picture Manager.

Cheers Mike

I didnt want to post the names here incase i got them wrong but if others would like to then please feel free to do so. Also please feel free to copy and use the photos, if any of the names are relevant to anyone then please let me know.

Cheers Marty, they look very interesting, and thanks for taking the trouble to post. Maybe Tinypic is not the best site, but your photos are fine, and better than my camera would have taken. Pals can right click, save image as, and download them.

Cheers Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I visted the Muches a couple of weeks ago on the Leger Travel "Underground War" tour, and it was fascinating!

We were due to go to The Glory Hole, but couldn't because of the on-going disagreement, so this was included instead - and I'm really glad that it was! I took a lot of images as well, and one day I may be able to work out how to put them here ... so any help will be appreciated, please!

:)